GB Railfreight currently seek a Rail Operator to be based in Ferme Park. Working a shift based roster on a nominal 40 hours per week, a Rail Operator will receive a basic salary of £31,236 per annum plus staff benefits. We are seeking safety focused and dynamic individuals to join our team and support GBRf in our commitment to deliver a safe, reliable and best in class service to our customers.
Responsible for the safe preparation of the rail freight services as well as operation of a variety of traction at off-network marshalling yards. The successful candidates will marshal and dispatch trains in a safe, punctual and efficient manner in accordance with GBRf and Railway rules and regulations, as well as operate locomotives under shunting arrangements in line with the same standards. Liaising with GBRf Train Managers (Drivers), signallers and contractor representatives you will ensure customer requirements are met and trains are prepared efficiently to time.
• Previous operational / Ground staff / shunting experience within the Freight industry is essential
• Experience in a physical and safety critical role
• Customer focused with experience gained in a Customer facing environment
• Fast learner, both hands on and in a class room setting
• Able to multi-task and make quick decisions for short notice changes to train plans.
• Ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
• Excellent and clear communication skills to relay important safety messages to your colleagues.
• Safety conscious and ability to remain calm in an event of an emergency situation.
• Flexible attitude to working hours as this is a shift based role on a nominal 40 hour week over 7 days per week.
• A clean full UK driving licence