GB Railfreight currently seek a Rail Operator based at the port of London Gateway in Thurrock, Essex. We are seeking safety focused and dynamic individuals to join our team and support GBRf in our commitment to deliver a safe, reliable and best in class service to our customers.
The Employee will be responsible for the safe preparation of the rail freight services. The successful candidates will marshal and dispatch trains in a safe, punctual and efficient manner in accordance with GBRf and Railway rules and regulations, as well operate a variety of traction/locomotives at off-network marshalling yards in line with the same standards. As part of their role they will need to liaise with GBRf Train Managers (Drivers), signallers and contractor representatives in order to ensure customer requirements are met and trains are prepared efficiently to time.
• Previous operational / Ground staff / shunting experience within the Freight industry is advantageous.
• Experience within a safety critical role.
• Customer focused with experience gained in a customer facing environment .
• Ability to multi-task and make quick decisions.
• Ability to work independently and using your own initiative.
• Excellent and clear communication skills as you will be required to relay important safety messages to your colleagues.
• Safety conscious and ability to remain calm in an event of an emergency situation.
• A clean full UK driving licence
A flexible attitude to working hours is required as the role is shift based a nominal 40 hours per week over 7 days. Should the successul candidate not have a rail operator background, they would be required to attend a Rail Operator course. Throughout this training period and until the Rail Operator passes out as fully competent, they would be on a training salary of £16,500.