GB Railfreight are currently seeking a SCO Service Delivery Manager to join the Infrastructure commercial Team. This role provides real time/strategic management for GB Railfreight in order to achieve customer requirements for the contractual commitments for SCO / Network Rail at all terminals, including LDC’s (Local Delivery Centres).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the real time / strategic management of LDC’s plus the terminals of the national haulage contract with SCO / Network Rail. You will be proactive in managing all GB Railfreight, SCO / Network Rail services, in liaison with SCO (Supply Chain Operations) and Network Rail. This includes management of KPI’s (in line with contractual terms), incident management and investigation into lost time and arranging ensuring corrective actions are taken with Network Rail services.
The role holder will be in charge of supporting implementation, defining strategic development of the site but above all insure all contractual KPI are achieved.
• Responsible for all finances relating to LDC’s and terminals by means of managing the budget and forecast
• Assist Business Implementation with the smooth implementation of NR terminals relating to the SCO / Network Rail Haulage contract
• Attend all Network Rail LDC meetings and Contract reviews as well as internal stakeholder meetings
• Lead and implement, in conjunction with Operation Managers, LDC processes and procedures
• Lead and own performance reviews ensuring all KPI failures are investigated to root cause and mitigation measures are processed, actioned and disseminated
• Real time management of contractual KPI’s at Network Rail terminals
• Constantly engage with the SCO and internal Managers to achieve contractual requirements
• Management of both verbal and written communication in relation to terminal incidents or issues affecting Network Rail services
• Proactive management and ownership of terminals relating to the Network Rail Haulage Contract
• Reducing reactionary delay and constantly looking forward to mitigate potential risks and resilience of the network, relating to Network Rail service terminals
• Coordinate and liaise with the GBRf Duty Control Manager, Engineering and Operational on-call Managers to ensure the contract is delivered in line with commitments
• Take command of SCO / Network Rail terminal performance during an incident to minimise delays, ensuring all stakeholders at kept up-to-date with progress
• Continually look for ways to improve performance, commercial returns, and processes
• This Role is split 75% commercial and 25% operations
• Commercial acumen
• Detailed knowledge of Network Rail
• Detailed Railway knowledge
• Proven strategic leadership and influencing skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Working in an operational railway environment
• Ability to build strong relationships in order to obtain the most appropriate advice and guidance
• Advanced communication skills both written and verbal
• Energetic and positive nature
• Proactive and a driver of change
• Able to work as part of a team
• Able to assist and deputise for other Contract Managers
• Experienced in leading teams
Why join GB Railfreight?
Healthcare package – Private healthcare cover for a range of operations for you and a partner living at the same address as well as cover for a number of health care facilities for you and your dependents including consultations, scans, counselling, optical, dental, and therapy treatments.
Cycle to work scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for bicycle purchase twice a year.
Denplan scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for you and your partner.
Online Benefits Portal – Offering hundreds or discounts a nationwide retailers
Training Platform – Providing you with an online learning facility and the opportunity to develop your career at your convenience